Get Your Skin Red Carpet Ready!
Red Carpet Season is under way and the Oscars are just around the corner! Not all of us will be walking the red carpet for the Oscars, but there isn’t any reason we can’t all have red carpet skin! Here are some tips to get your face gorgeous and glowy, weather you will be on the red carpet, or not!
According to Beverly Hills dermatologist Stuart Kaplan, M.D., this is the recipe to get your skin in shape for any major event:
One week before the big event:
· Continue to use a good skin care regimen. Do not try a brand new skin care product to avoid possible irritation or skin allergy!
· Acne extractions of blackheads and whiteheads can be done at this point with enough time to allow complete healing. Do not try to do your own extractions, or pick at pimples and blemishes. If extractions are needed, see a professional.
· Now is an excellent time to get a facial! A good facial can help the skin look fresh and rested. Remember not to try new ingredients while receiving your facial though. Reactions are rare, but possible.
The day of the event-
· Some people experience a minor rash or hives before big events due to a hectic schedule and nervousness. Try a relaxing warm bath with a soothing bath treatment.
· Drink loads of water. Many people remember to stay hydrated up until the day of the event, and then neglect hydration on the day itself. Staying hydrated with plenty of purified water or herbal tea the day of the event will not only keep your skin from looking dehydrated, but will help your energy levels throughout the day and night!
· Don’t drink too much alcohol since it can make your face appear flushed!
· Now that you have the tips you’ll need to keep your skin movie star gorgeous, head off to the Red Carpet (or just look like you are)!